You have the strengths and resources already within yourself to work towards creating the life you want to live—-but, you may not feel connected to these resources. You may not be able to see your inner strength and may have lost sight of who you are, how to walk your path in life.
I offer a warm, caring, trusting, respectful relationship wherein we collaborate to help you feel in control again of your life. We will work together in psychotherapy to help you recognize and renew your strengths. Our goal is to help you stabilize, reflect, gain perspective, develop healthy coping strategies, and discover possible solutions that will enhance your sense of wholeness and well-being.
Adult clients seek my help for concerns such as:
- Anger Management
- Chronic Illness or Health Problems
- Compassion fatigue
- Coping with life transitions
- General Life Stress
- Low self-esteem
- Mood disorders (such as depression and anxiety)
- Professional and career stress
- Relationship issues
- Spiritual Questions or Search for Meaning
- Women’s Issues
- Work-life balance, wellness
- Work-related stress
I provide traditional talk therapy, sand tray therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR).
With regard to EMDR, we will work together to determine whether or not EMDR would be a good way to help you in your healing process. I have worked with hundreds of clients since 2009 to successfully help them move past trauma, disabling anxiety and depression, and various other “stuck” points in their lives. Research shows EMDR to be a fast method of working through trauma and I am always amazed at the efficient and rapid results my clients experiencing EMDR often experience.
Though EMDR has been shown to have significant healing effects for clients experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), it is also used with great success to work through a number of symptoms and conditions such as…
- Anxiety and Panic attacks
- Automobile accident trauma (or trauma from other similar events)
- Complicated Grief
- Fears and Phobias
- Interpersonal difficulties (issues with trust, abandonment, social anxiety)
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Pain management
- Relationships terminating (break-ups, bereavement)
- Sexual assault (experienced as a child or adult)
- Victim of assault or witness to crime